(Midnight Mass Homily, 2010 Christmas)
CHRISTMAS 2017 - THE GREETING OF THE SISTERS OF PROVIDENCE
The words spoken by Pope Francis when he was still a cardinal have a particular meaning for Solidarmondo whose purpose is solidarity and the promotion of human dignity.
Christmas in this world of ours means many things, from the most intimate and sacred to those profane. But the crib is the true sign of Christmas: that Bimbo placed on straw is the real protagonist. His is an irreplaceable role. It is a provocation to life. And Solidarmondo works with the Sisters of Providence to promote life that is for all a great gift, but immensely fragile.
In this period, each of you received the greeting, the greeting and the news from the mission he supports. This is a very beautiful thing because it is the voice of the sisters who live among and with the poor that you help and who are grateful for your constant and generous help.
The realities in which they live become closer to us in their daily life, made up of donation, work and sacrifice, joys and sufferings.
At the end of this year I want to briefly mention here some beautiful and other painful realities of our missions.
- In the various non-European lands, the number of young people who wish to enter our Congregation grows and consecrate themselves to the Lord for the service of the poor
- In the 2016-17 the presence of the Sisters of Providence has expanded in the world with the opening of new communities in India and Benin
- Service to the sick, to children is bearing positive fruit
- Every day the sisters continue to experience the gift of the help that comes from the various supporters of their mission and they also joyfully live the sharing that the poor want to do with them as a sign of gratitude (gift of a little fruit, eggs, hen, etc. .)
- The commitment of many volunteers who are here in Italy or even on the spot are of concrete help and support for the actions of the sisters
- During this year the Lord has called to himself two Italian nuns who worked for more than 40 years in the land of Africa: Sister Pieralba Bianco and Sister Pia Beraldin. Two marvelous sisters, who have always given themselves entirely to the poor and who have been a great example of life and donation for the new generations of African nuns. Sister Pieralba has risen to Heaven after more than a year of sickness lived with her usual serenity here in Italy, giving suffering for her Africa; Sister Pia who followed her, after a brief and incomprehensible illness in the new community opened in Benin, where she had been in a few weeks to begin a new mission with enthusiasm and generosity. Sister Pia is the first dead nun in the land of Africa and is buried in Kouvè, inside the mission.
We now think of them together in the light of the Lord.
We also want to recall to our mind the exhaustion and fatigue of the various nuns in the missions that live the daily life in difficult situations and with really demanding work rhythms, the inevitable moments of discouragement, the disappointment in front of many unsaved lives, the dismay of facing the vastness of work, etc.
There are many things to say and remember, but I conclude by simply saying a big thank you to each of you, thank you for your presence in our lives, thank you for your support and your closeness.
The birth of the Child Jesus in the Grotto of Bethlehem brings to the center of our life and our existence the dignity of the human person, the search for good, brotherhood, give us all new energy and enthusiasm in continuing our commitment to solidarity for a better world.
We wish everyone a peaceful Christmas, marked by the values of peace, solidarity and the family.
For the Sisters of Providence
Sister Irmarosa Villotti
SOLIDARMONDO - LETTER OF THE PRESIDENT
- the family home of the Sisters of Providence in Udine;
- the health center of Cochabamba in Bolivia;
I confirm the good progress in the various management of the association, as already highlighted in the previous year. In this regard, however, I would like to highlight two very significant aspects for me:
- Gratuitousness and fidelity in the commitment of Adriana, who in 2016 accepted the role of treasurer of the association;
- The spirit of sacrifice of Sister Fatima and Sister Irmarosa who, despite the illnesses they had to fight and overcome, managed their duties within the association with determination and punctuality.
President of Solidarmondo ONLUS
IL NOCE - THE LITTLE PRINCE
This year Il Mio Dono, the solidarity initiative of Unicredit in support of Non Profit, is back again this year.
The Il Piccolo Principe cooperative supports the mother-child home of the Il Noce association.
What is the initiative?
UniCredit provides a total amount of € 200.000 to be distributed, as a donation, among the Non-Profit Organizations participating in the website www.ilMioDono.it.
How to vote?
From Friday 1 December 2017 to Monday 22 January 2018, each of us can vote - in a completely free way - The Little Prince through e-mail, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, following this procedure:
- access the site www.ilmiodono.it and research "Il Piccolo Principe" through "Search for Initiative" or "Search by Organization"
- access the page of the cooperative by clicking on the link "Go to Il Piccolo Principe Onlus"
- click on the "vote this organization" button and choose the mode you prefer (email or social network).
EXTENDED as indicated in the poster below the opening of the Occupation Center of the Little Prince of Casarsa della Delizia for the sale aimed at raising funds for the projects of the IL NOCE association and the IL PICCOLO PRINCIPE Cooperative.